Friday, October 4, 2013

Belayed Update, needless to say...

Sorry for the delay in posts. That goal of mine to blog more often hasn't worked out too well. As with most people, life has been pretty busy.

Matt and I have been applying to jobs like mad men, as well as taking more foster care classes, to prepare for our re-certification coming up in November. We have also been making adjustments to the way we live and who we spend time with. Matt started a new job in Aug and I started a new on in Sept. Sadly they are both part time, but mine pays pretty well, as I get the same per paycheck that I did when work 40hrs at the bank compared to the 25hrs a week now.


Here is my update regarding my lifestyle.


I started this new lifestyle a bit on the lazy side, as I don't always do the exercises every day, more like 3 times a week verses 5. I started paying more attention to what I was eating and how I made my food. I started eating more salads and juicing daily verses once or twice a week. At the beginning of Aug, I was 193 lbs. At the end Aug I was 187 lbs. At middle of Sept I was 181 lbs. NOW I am 177 lbs.


I can't say that isn't progress over the course of 9 weeks.

It helps that I am exercising more regularly now in the mornings since I get up at 7am without thinking since I used to get up between 5:30 and 6am previously, but now I make my mornings more productive.

I look forward to breaking the 177 weight as the weeks go on. 

I will say one thing that may or may not be affecting my loss of weight, but I don't always eat the food I should. I occasionally have a glass of wine or go out to dinner with friends. But I do think about it differently. 

I ordered a side of asparagus  a side of sweet potato fries, no sugar and a small salad as a meal for $10. I was satisfied and happy with my meal as I didn't stray too far from what I should eat and with how reasonably priced it was.

Lastly, I have been trying a new thing for the past 2 weeks and will see how it works. I will tell you all more about it once I determine the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment