Tuesday, July 30, 2013

In the Begining

It might be the middle of the year and my husband may be unemployed and I may even be working in a job that I am starting to resent as I continue to look for a different job that I can appreciate.

But I am making changes. And if willing, you can follow that journey if you like.

About 1 week ago my husband and I started working out 5 times a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday we use a Calisthenics Exercise routine. Then for Tuesday and Thursday we aim for HIIT by doing DDR or running up and down the stairs. On the weekends we usually have plans with freinds but usually we spend the mornings working on our house and wind up doing NEAT. Works well for us.
Don’t you just wish that was you or your significant other?

Around that same time I started following a couple of the habits that www.foodbabe.com listed here (1, 2, 3, 4 & 5).



Rules 1 and 3 were easy to undertake. Adding in a morning routine with the drink and paying attention to when I last eat, if not scheduling desert around 8 so that I am done at 8:30pm






Lemon and Cayenne are not as bad as one might imagine.


The 12 hrs is easy once you start to watch the clock the night before.



For Rule 4 I went out of my way to by a second hand juicer off craigslist for cheap.



I find juicing fun.





Rule 5 is feasible in moderation as trying to budget on one income is very difficult. I offset shopping at the local Earthfare with the organic produce at a local farm and Kroger.

I found the website for Earthfare easy to navigate. They also take multiple coupons in a single transaction.



Rule 2 is probably the hardest one to conquer. I am sticking with fruit and honey for my sweet tooth, but trying to avoid all of the different versions of sugar is very hard.

Look at this list of names. It is overwhelming.

Barley malt, Beet sugar, Brown sugar, Buttered syrup, Cane juice crystals, Cane sugar, Caramel, Corn syrup, Corn syrup solids, Confectioner’s sugar, Carob syrup, Castor sugar, Date sugar, Demerara sugar, Dextran, Dextrose, Diastatic malt, Diatase, Ethyl maltol, Fructose, Fruit juice, Fruit juice concentrate, Galactose, Glucose, Glucose solids, Golden sugar, Golden syrup, Grape sugar, High-fructose corn syrup, Honey, Icing sugar, Invert sugar, Lactose, Maltodextrin, Maltose, Malt syrup, Maple syrup, Molasses, Muscovado sugar, Panocha, Raw sugar, Refiner’s syrup, Rice syrup, Sorbitol, Sorghum syrup, Sucrose, Sugar, Treacle, Turbinado sugar, Yellow sugar


I also keep doing what I can to use up what is in my home that has already been purchased and save up to by the better options in the future.

Lastly, I started to dedicate myself to a blog. Why?
I believe that I am more likely to stick with my diet and exercise if I talk to an audience about it. I also want to see if all of this study that I have been seeing, hearing, and what not, has any merit.
Is it possible for me to get healthier and in shape just by eating healthy?
Is it actually better to eat more raw food than cooked?
Are vitamin supplements good for you?
When is the best time to take them?

I want to know more and to do that it is going to take time. I want you to be my observers as I make myself and my husband lab rats. Feel free to join me in my adventure, as I will begin my quest to find the answers about food and health.

Later!





No comments:

Post a Comment